Rule the Sand!
BEACH VOLLEYBALL RULES
GENERAL BVL PLAY RULES
- Times on the schedule are EXACT. All games will end at the time limit.
- Matches are two games to 25 points with a 27-point cap, and a 40 minute time limit.
- There is a 5-serve limit in both co-ed 4’s and 6’s, (co-ed non spiking uses a 3 serve limit)
- You may never intentionally kick the volleyball.
- There will be no referees. Teams will keep their own score, and call their own violations.
- The top 2 teams in each tier will move up to the next tier, and the bottom two teams will move down a tier.
- Teams will be ranked by
- WINS between the tied teams
- Plus/Minus between the tied teams
- Overall Plus/Minus
- All players are required to play barefoot. ‘Sand socks’ and ‘Aqua shoes’ are permitted.
- The beach 6’s will be played using all BVL indoor rules and not typical beach rules as stated below.
BVL RULES FOR CO-ED 4’S (Tuesday and Wednesday ONLY)
FIVB beach rules are in effect and will be followed with the following exceptions/clarification:
- Open Hand Tips: You are not allowed to ‘tip’ the ball with your fingers as you would in the indoor game.
- Side Sets: It is illegal to volley the ball over the net in a direction not perpendicular to your body.
- Screens: A player at the net may not block the receiving team’s view of the server.
- Switching Sides: Due to wind and sun teams may switch sides on every multiple of 10 points.
- Passing Under The Net: You may pass under the net as long as you don’t interfere with the play.
- First Contacts: A player may have successive (double) contacts with the ball during a single attempt to make the team’s first contact provided the fingers are not used to direct the ball in an overhand motion (i.e. a volley). IF THE BALL HAS ANY SPIN, IT IS CONSIDERED TO HAVE BEEN DOUBLE CONTACTED.
- Held Balls (Lifts): The ball must be contacted cleanly and not held, lifted, pushed, caught, carried or thrown. The ball cannot roll or come to rest on any part of a player’s body.
- Exception: In defensive play of a hard-driven ball (a ball that has NO ARC), the ball may be momentarily lifted or pushed, with the fingers, (i.e. a volley) provided the attempt is one continuous motion and the player does not change the direction of that motion while contacting the ball.
- The Block: The block in 4’s volleyball is considered your first contact. The same player may make the second contact
- Attackers: All four players on the court may attack at the net. There is no attack line.
- Rotation: Players may play any position at all times. However, all four players on the court must serve in rotation.
- In Or Out: If the ball lands on any part of the tape, it is considered to be ‘in’.
- Number of Players: The number of women on the court should be equal to or greater than, the number of men. If a team is short a female player, they may:
- Play with an one male, and one female (no penalty).
- Play with two men and one woman, and start with a five point defecit.
- A player that arrives late will be allowed to join the game after the next stoppage in play (ie before the next serve). If his/her team has chosen Option 2, the opponent will retain the 5 points previously awarded.
Beach Rules Revised. June 24, 2008
League InformationSchedules & Standings Locations/MapsRules (Indoor)Rules (Outdoor) Forms & Waivers
Forum Postings Overview02 Teams are looking for players 04 Players are looking for teams 02 General postings
There are currently no events posted.
Follow us on Twitter
Tweets by @bramptonvball